Subj: Happy New Year
Date: 01/09/2008 10:02:43 AM Eastern Standard Time
Received from Internet: click here for more information
Hi Miss M -
Thank you for your New Year wishes - I send the same to you.
I hope your holiday celebrations were wonderful.
Guess what I asked for as my gifts from family and friends - time ! That's right, the amazing Miss M gave me another idea this year - If anyone complained that they wanted to "BUY" me something, I would just tell them that time was money, only even more valuable.
These are some of the gifts I received:
- Time alone with my grandson
- A promise to have a Sunday afternoon dinner/or breakfast once a month for 2008 with our dear neighbors who we never spend enough time with
- An out of state friend donated 1 hour biweekly to a local Boys and Girls Club type facility to read to the little ones.
- An elderly friend is donating time on the telephone with other shut ins each month
- Time with me to teach me how to improve my basket weaving techniques
- Shorter but more frequent telephone calls when I am not feeling my best (from my friends mom in AZ)
- A week long Springtime visit from my NY daughter and granddaughter - just for us girls.